|This jar is half empty! This article is a stub. You can help Shantae Wiki by expanding it.|
Makoto Yabe (矢部誠), or KOU, is a Japanese artist working for Inti Creates. He was responsible for the partnership of WayForward Technologies with Inti Creates on both Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, and is providing artworks for the games.
Involvement in Shantae
In September 2011, Makoto Yabe published fan arts of Shantae in his personal gallery, and after being contacted by Matt Bozon, relayed him to Inti Creates' CEO, Takuya Aizu (會津卓也). Matt Bozon asked Aizu if they would be interested in working on Shantae, and by the end of 2011, they were hired for The Pirate's Curse. The collaboration would carry on for Half-Genie Hero.
This is a list of projects Makoto Yabe was involved in according to Mobygames (unless otherwise indicated).
- Mega Man ZX - general supervisor (2006)
- Mega Man ZX Advent - general supervisor (2007)
- Mega Man Zero 2 - background designer (2003)
- Mega Man Zero 3 - background designer (2004)
- Mega Man Zero 4 - background designer (2005)
- Mega Man ZX - character designer (2006)
- Mega Man ZX Advent - character designer (2007)
Art and animation
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge - graphic staff (2003)
- Mega Man ZX - publicity illustrator, animation supervisor (2006)
- Mega Man ZX Advent - package & publicity illustrator, animation supervisor (2007)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - artworks (2014)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - artworks and illustrations (2014)
- Mighty No. 9 - artworks (2015)
- Mega Man Zero 4 - scenario writer (2005)
- Mega Man ZX - scenario writer (2006)
- Mega Man ZX Advent - scenario writer (2007)