Mark McDole studied at the San Francisco State University between 2002 and 2004 and graduated as a bachelor in arts, and then on AnimationMentor.com between 2005 and 2006, obtaining a diploma in advanced character animation.
McDole worked as an animator for WayForward Technologies between 2008 and 2014, including on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Since 2005, he has also been working as a hobbyist level designer, hoping to find a job in such capacity.
This is a list of projects Mark McDole was involved in according to McDole's LinkedIn profile.
- Revengeon (ZDoom project) - level designer (2006-2011)
- Devil Mountain (Left 4 Dead 2 campaign) - level designer (2010-2015)
- End of the Road (Left 4 Dead 2 map) - level designer (2013)
- Where the Wild Things Are - in-game art/animation (2009)
- Baseball Blast! - animator (2009)
- BloodRayne: Betrayal - animator (2011)
- Aliens: Infestation - animator (2011)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - animator (2014)