Paragon 5, or Paragon Five (official name: Paragon Five, Inc.) was a game development company based in Chicago, Illinois and in Kraków, Poland. It was founded in 1999 by Paul Bragiel and closed in 2004. They are best known for developing the Paragon 5 GameBoy Tracker (or "Beyond Tracker"), a tool for creating chiptune music for the Game Boy Color, and for the game Project S-11. Among the users of the GameBoy Tracker tool was Jake Kaufman, who used it to create the music for several games, including Shantae.
Paul Bragiel, Paragon 5's founder, and Stephane Hockenhull (a former employee of Paragon 5 who developed the GameBoy Tracker tool and was actively involved in the development of Project S-11), were in the early 2000s participating in the development of some games in the music department, for WayForward Technologies among others, and are cited in the Shantae ending credits.
- Project S-11 (2000, Game Boy Color)
- Trouballs (2001, Game Boy Color)
- Hardcore Pinball (2002, Game Boy Advance)
- Karnaaj Rally (2002, Game Boy Advance)
- Micro Machines (2003, Game Boy Advance)
- Music-Disk No.1 (1999)
- ↑ http://www.linkedin.com/in/bragiel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://web.archive.org/web/20061217024619/http://paragon5.com/i_music.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 http://trackerbase.blogspot.fr/2014/02/raster-music-tracker.html
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://rv6502.com/index.php?page=1&tags=
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20061209121624/http://paragon5.com/i_games.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20061217091624/http://paragon5.com/i_music1.html