Paul Martin Bragiel (born September 15, 1977) is a businessman and a current managing partner of i/o Ventures. In 1999, he founded Paragon 5, a company which provided the music engine for the first Shantae game, with Bragiel himself serving as music producer for the game.
Youth and studiesEdit
He founded Paragon 5, his first company, in 1999. He was at the time involved in the Demoscene and him and his company collaborated on a handful of video games in the music field, including Shantae in 2002 for which he was a music producer. Paragon 5 closed in 2004, after which he founded Meetro, a social network, and in 2007, Meetro closed and Bragiel went on to found Lefora which was a company helping to manage forums. In 2010, Lefora was bought out by Crowdgather.
He then moved on to become a managing partner and co-founder of i/o Ventures, which was much more successful than his previous endeavours, and is now a prestigious start-up incubator in San Francisco, California.
Paul Bragiel then began to tour the world as an advisor to local governments to create start-up incubators. He has notably worked directly with president Jakaya Kikwete of Tanzania and also in Brazil, and has been called the Silicon Valley's unofficial ambassador.
Most recently, he decided to fulfill a lifelong dream and compete in the 2014 Sochi Olympics, in the cross-country skiing discipline for the Colombian team. However, he ultimately failed, after spending almost a year training without ever having skied before.
This is a list of projects Paul Bragiel was involved in according to Moby Games (unless otherwise indicated).
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - music producer (1999)
- Godzilla: Domination! - music producer (2002)
- The Scorpion King: Sword of Osiris - music producer (2002)
- Shantae - music producer (2002)
- Spy Kids Challenger - sound engineer (2002)
- The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree - music producer (2005)
- Worms World Party - producer (2001)
- Trouballs - executive producer (2001)
- Karnaaj Rally - executive producer (2002)
- Bonk's Revenge - producer (2006)
- ↑ http://www.teampaul.com/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://foundersweek.fi/paul-bragiel-is-the-startup-ambassador-of-silicon-valley/
- ↑ http://foundersweek.fi/paul-bragiel-is-the-startup-ambassador-of-silicon-valley/
- ↑ http://adage.com/article/digital/meet-silicon-valley-s-unofficial-emissary-world/149402/
- ↑ http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/02/06/after-olympic-dream-ends-bragiel-still-makes-waves-in-sochi/
- ↑ http://www.arcticstartup.com/2013/10/16/io-ventures-paul-bragiel-to-train-for-the-olympics-in-lapland
- ↑ http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,68259/
- ↑ http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=39051&tab=credits
- Team Paul, his official supporting website during his attempt at qualification for the 2014 Sochi Olympics.