The game isn't as difficult from the getgo as it's predecessor, and initially your ability to explore is limited, making where to go next rather easy to figure out. That said, here are some mostly-obvious tips:
- Your first purchase should be the map.
- Grab a bunch of potions as well. They're cheap.
- There are no lives or checkpoints - if you die, you will be taken back to the last time you saved. So, when you see the Save Guy hanging out in a dungeon, it's probably a good idea to save. Just in case. Nothing worse than completing a dungeon, getting beaten by a boss, and then realizing you'll have to do the entire dungeon over again because you were too lazy to save your game.
More specific informationEdit
What is the Import Room for?EditThe Import Room is a place in where the player can receive gems based on the status of other WayForward Technologies games on their system. The rewards are as follows:
|Reward||How to Unlock|
|300||Get "S" rank on all levels in|
|300||Complete Time Bomb Mode in|
What's up with Battle Tower?EditBattle Tower is the second dungeon of , and is the location of the second Magic Seal. In order to gain entry, Shantae must become a citizen of Ammo Town by bringing the Deed to Scuttle Town to the Ammo Baron and receiving a Ammo Town Passport (and Activity Book).
The goal is to get to the end of the tower, through eleven floors, before the counter hits zero. Each floor contains one or more 'waves' of enemies that must be cleared in order to proceed to the next area, or is a platform section over an open pit. After each floor is a 'stairway' area leading to the floor above that has pots with powerups inside, including clocks that increase the time limit.
- Bring along Mega Pike Ball, it is the single greatest time saver. It will slice through nearby enemies an save you the time to stop to whip them. Makes short work of the knights when they attack. Bring along Magic Fill and some Magical Vials to keep it running longest.
- Attract Magic will save you time picking up items in the stairwell areas. It will also help liberate you from the deeply-ingrained gamer impulse to grab gems whenever you see them, which could save time too.
- Remember if there's a second or third 'wave' of enemies on each floor and plan the battle so that you walk from end to end of the floor as few times as possible.
- Knights are the trickiest opponents because you can only hit them in the head or when their guard is down. If you are fighting multiple Knights, try to get them to stand in the same spot so you can jump-whip them in both their heads at the same time. If there is a raised surface you can use to stand and head-whip, use that.
- Super Silky Creme will help dispatch enemies a tad bit faster.
- Use Monkey Bullet to cross the pit areas super fast.
- Floor 1 - One set; Nagas/Orcs
- Floor 2 - Two sets; both Scarecrows/Archers
- Floor 3 - Two sets; Orcs, Mummy
- Floor 4 - Pit and platforms; Monkey Bullet it
- Floor 5 - Two sets; Archers/Mummy, Red Knights
- Floor 6 - One set; Slimes
- Floor 7 - Three sets; Nagas/Pumpkin Scarecrows, Orcs/Archers
- Floor 8 - Pit and platforms; Monkey Bullet it
- Floor 9 - Two sets; Archers/Nagas, Archers
- Floor 10 - Three sets; Red Knight, Red Knights, Blue Knight
- Final Floor - Seven sets; Slimes, Scarecrows, Nagas, Orcs, Archers, Mummies, Blue Knights
PrizesEditYou'll win a the first time through, a the second, and then an amount of gems based on your completion time every playthrough onwards.
Post your best time in the comments if you like.
There is no boss in Battle Tower. Unlike the other members of the Barons of Sequin Land, Ammo Baron does not guard his Magic Seal in his dungeon. Instead, the seal is up for grabs for anyone who makes it to the final chamber.
I've been tasked by the Squid Baron to find his three golden children. Where can I find them?Editthe original game, this one is mandatory.
|1||Mermaid Cliffs(???)||+ + +||Located in an underwater cave to the bottom left.|
|2||Boat House||Located in an underwater cave to the bottom left.|
|3||Polyp Bay(between save and warp)||Located in a tiny underwatercave accessible through an upward-leading passage.|
The above section was transcluded from Golden Warp Squid Babies. Go there to edit it.
I hear there are different endings. How do I get them?EditThe ending of does not change, but there are special images that are shown at the end based on how many items you received and how long you took. The above section was transcluded from Shantae: Risky's Revenge Endings. Go there to edit it.
Where can I find all the Heart Holders?Edit
|1||Lilac Fields(1)||On a high up pillar platform.|
|2||Tangle Forest(3b)||Inside a cave.|
|3||Lighthouse||Inside an underwater cave at the bottom to the right.|
The above section was transcluded from Heart Holders (Shantae: Risky's Revenge). Go there to edit it.
So where can I find the Transformation Relics?EditTransformation Relics grant special attack powers to Shantae when she is in the corresponding form. They are similar to Transformation Talismans from the original game.
|1||Baron Desert(cave)||In a cave (which is also in a cave), accessible by smashing a rock.|
|2||Baron Desert(3)||+ +||In a cave. Burn the roots with fire to gain access.|
|3||Lighthouse||+ + +||Given by Squid Baron as a reward for returning his three babies.|
Where can I find those Magic Jams?EditItem Store. "Spreads like a dream and tastes like a blot of heaven." says the Magic Jam Lady.
|1||Squid Baron Labyrinth||In the second room, it's inside the wall that bisects the room.|
|2||Squid Baron's Labyrinth||In the upper part of the dungeon there is a vertical area that has a vertical shaft at the top which a monkey can climb up to find a Magic Jam in a chest.|
|4||Tangled Forest(3b)||In the tree.|
|5||Polyp Bay(5)||Under the Mayor's Seaside Retreat.|
|6||Pumpkin Fields(3)||Inside a cave.|
|7||Baron Desert(???)||Just left of Ammo Baron's camp.|
|8||Battle Tower||Awarded for beating the tower the second time. Be sure to take it from the chest before grabbing the seal!|
|9||Baron Desert(1)||Inside a cave under a boulder in the first Baron Desert area. Use Pike Ball to flip the platforms as you land on them, or use Spitfire to hit them from the air. Other methods may work as well.|
|10||Baron Desert(1)||At the far left of the first Baron Desert area there is one last pit that can be Monkey Bulleted over for this item.|
|11||Hypno Tower||In a chest accessible from the room with the two eyes that control a single doorway between them, by making the left eye point up and the right one point down.|
|12||Polyp Bay(1)||In a cave that requires a lot of monkey bulletry to navigate.|
|13||Hypno Tower||In the magic fountain room (chest accessible from the room with the two eyes that control a single doorway between them by making the left eye point left and the right eye point right) behind a statue breakable with a bubble.|
|14||Lilac Fields(2)||Inside a cave. Perform the stomp to destroy the barrier holding the chest up.|
|15||Tangled Forest(1b)||Found inside a cave under a boulder.|
|16||Tangled Forest(1d)||In a cave in the section that resembles Lilac Fields in the upper left corner of the forest. Use the Monkey Bullet and Spitfire to make your way to the chest.|
|17||Squid Baron's Labyrinth||You can't miss the area that is partially submerged in water. Come back later with the Mermaid form ready and you'll find a Jam after passing through an underwater tunnel on the left.|
The above section was transcluded from Magic Jams. Go there to edit it.
iOS achievementsEditThe game features 26 unlockable achievements, listed below:
|Ret-2-Go!: Shantae's daily grind.|
|Play dead!: Teach Wobble Bell a new trick|
|Heart of Stone!: It's OK to say no.|
|Speed Run the Hypno Baron's Lair: How fast can you go?|
|Old Moneybags: Max out your cash|
|Got the Touch, Got the Power!: Get all magic and upgrades|
|You are here!: Buy a MAP at the shop|
|Be the Hero!: Beat the game, more or less, in over 4 hours|
|Completionist!: Beat the game with all items in more than 4 hours|
|Speedy and Greedy!: Beat the game with all items in less than 4 hours.|
|Speed Runner!: Beat the game in under 2 hours.|
|Mighty Shantae Champ!: Earn all four endings|
|Cross your Heart...: Beat the game with no extra Heart Holders|
|Romper Stomper!: Elephant stomp 100 foes|
|Yakkety Yak!: Meet everyone in town once your quest begins|
|Pikeball Power!: Maintain any Pikeball for 2 minutes|
|Move Over Zeus!: Destroy 50 foes using any Storm Puff|
|Late night gamer!: Destroy a Druid at midnight!|
|Mermaid flop to victory!: Cross Polyp Bay as a Mermaid|
|Potions Smotions!: Beat the Final Boss without using Potions|
|Electric Squid!: Beat the Squid Baron using only Storm Puff.|
|Elephant Obliteration!: Destroy at least 4 blocks|
|Fire Breath!: Destroy a Dragon Head from above|
|And Stay Down!: Destroy the same Skeleton 6 times|
|Enough for Everyone: Max out your Potions|
|Bonfire!: Set fire to a leafy foe|
|Ret-2-go!: Beat the ambush|
|You Are Here!: Get the map|
|Yakkety Yak!: Talk to all NPCs in town|
|Elephant Obliteration!: Stomp more than 6 blocks in a row|
|Speed Run the Baron's Lair!: Lab 2 speed run|
|Bonfire!: Burn a vine pot|
|Enough for Everyone!: Max out potions|
|Be the Hero!: See ending 1|
|Play Dead!: Kill the puppy|
|Tinkercide: Destroy all Tinkerbats in the Sunken Cavern|
|Old Moneybags!: Max out the gem counter|
|Fire Breath!: Stomp a dragon head|
|Heart of Stone!: Puppy denied|
|And Stay Down!: Kill the same skeleton 6 times|
|Pikeball Power!: Keep Pikeball active for 2 min|
|Got the Touch, Got the Power!: Own all magic and book upgrades|
|Late Night Gamer!: Kill a Druid at midnight|
|Completionist!: Seen ending 2|
|Electric Squid: Beat boss 1 with only electricity|
|Move Over Zeus!: Kill 50 enemies with lightning|
|Romper Stomper!: Kill 100 enemies via stomp|
|Potions Smotions: Beat the genie clone without using potions|
|Cross Your Heart!: Beat the game with no Heart Holders|
|Speedy and Greedy!: Seen ending 3|
|Speed Runner!: Seen ending 4|
|Might Shantae Champ!: Seen ALL endings|
- There were no achievements for the original DSi version.